This Spring, join SEAD to get rooted with us today, so we can flourish tomorrow. Our #SEAusBloom campaign is aimed at raising awareness and funds to reclaim our voices, replenish our peoplehood, and reflect on our shared histories through storytelling and language.
Our work is for, by and with Southeast Asians diaspora. With over 100,000+, Minnesota is home to one of the most thriving and largest Hmong, Khmer, Lao and Viet communities in the nation. Without our stories, we risk erasure of our history, language, and peoplehood. This spring, your generous contribution will help us expand our programs, strengthen our work, and reach more communities through language and storytelling. We’re making an investment in raising the next generation of Southeast Asian diaspora and we hope you will, too.
- Attend our #SEAusBloom events.
- March – “Fermented Feelings Live! SEA Superwomen Stories”
- April – “Planting SEADS Q&A Book Huddle”
- May – “SEA Us Now Penthouse Party”
- Engage with us on social media.
- Contribute to our critical work by donating your time or money.
As a gesture of gratitude, here are limited goodies you can claim (if you so choose). Please note that there are limited quantities for some items below.
$ GOES TO
- Grow heritage literacy through quality and creative content and resources in Hmong, Khmer, Lao and Vietnamese language, culture and history.
- Pay our instructors, facilitators and creatives behind the work, fairly and equally for their wealth of expertise and knowledge.
- Raise the next generation of Southeast Asian emerging leaders through social empowerment.
- And most importantly, to cover our day-to-day operations to keep our wheels and brains turning.
The SEAD Project started with a group of Southeast Asians who wanted to not only connect with their roots and heritage, but to think bigger and beyond preservation as a diaspora movement. Started in 2011, The SEAD Project (Southeast Asian Diaspora) is a creative social venture on a mission to be an accessible community hub that provides streamlined cultural workshops and knowledge-sharing for Southeast Asian diaspora communities. We grow social empowerment ecosystems through language and storytelling.
OUR PROGRAMS & INITIATIVES
- SEA Roots: Heritage Languages in Hmong, Khmer, Lao & Viet
- Teaching cultural literacy workshops in Hmong, Khmer, Lao & Viet.
- Planting SEADS: Storytelling for Change
- Collecting, publishing and holding space for SEA stories to amplify, mobilize and heal.
- SEA Change Lab: Emerging Diaspora Development
- Growing social empowerment and leadership in SEA diaspora on SEA issues.
All donations are tax-deductible. Our EIN is 47-4088420. Join the movement by using #SEAusBloom and following us on social media and our website www.theseadproject.org. Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.